Manufacturer Part Number: PS-15Morningstar’s ProStar is the world’s leading mid-range solar controller for both professional and consumer applications. This second generation ProStar: Adds new features and protections using highly advanced technology Provides longer battery life and improved system performance Sets new standards for reliability and self-diagnosticsFeaturesStandard Versions available: 15 or 30 amp 12 / 24 or 48 volt negative or positive ground Estimated 15 year life PWM series battery charging (not shunt) 3-position battery select: gel, sealed or flooded Very accurate control and measurement Jumper to eliminate telecom noise Parallel for up to 300 amps Temperature compensation Tropicalization: conformal coating, stainless steel fasteners & anodized aluminum heat sink No switching or measurement in the grounded leg 100% solid state Very low voltage drops Current compensated low voltage
Morningstar ProStar 15 Amp 12/24 V PWM charge ctrl
PS-15 PS-30 PS15M-48V Rated Solar Current 15 Amps 30 Amps 15 Amps Rated Load Current 15A 30A 15A System Voltage 12/24V 12/24V 48V Temp. Comp. (mV/°C)* – 30mV – 60mV – 120mV Accuracy 40mV 60mV 80mV Min. voltage to operate 8V 8V 15V Self-consumption 22mA 25mA 28mA LVD current coefficient** – 20mV – 40mV – 80mV Charge algorithm PWM, constant voltage Operating temperature – 40°C to + 60°C
- Short-circuit — solar and load
- Overload — solar and load
- Reverse polarity
- Reverse current at night
- High voltage disconnect
- High temperature disconnect
- Lightning and transient surge protection
- Loads protected from voltage spikes
- Automatic recovery with all protections
- Night Disconnect: The solar array automatically disconnects at night to prevent reverse current leakage from the battery.
- Battery Sense: Good battery performance requires accurate charging. Voltage drops in the battery power cables can distort the battery charging. The Sense wires eliminate the voltage drops for optimized charging.
- Temperature Compensation: Four control setpoints (25°C reference) are compensated for temperature (PWM regulation, float, equalization, high voltage disconnect). The charging is compensated by –5 mV/°C /cell (–30mV/°C for a 12V battery). Compensation is limited to minus 30°C.
- Remote Temperature Probe: An optional probe is available to measure temperature at a location away from the controller. This requires soldering 2 wires to the ProStar PCB.